Skip to main content

Find what you need in our searchable FAQ.

How do I place into Math and English courses?


You may use the placement tool on the Assessment Center website to get an idea of placements if you have recent High School GPA and ACT scores (last 3 years). 

Students without High School GPA and ACT scores (within last 3 years) must take a Placement Test at the SCC Assessment Center in order to receive their initial placement into Math, English, and/or Reading courses. The Placement Test should be completed at least 2 days before your session, so results are available.

  • Contact Admissions for information about taking the Placement Test
  • ACT scores can be sent to enrollment@stchas.eduACT scores are not included on high school transcripts. You can take a screenshot of your ACT scores from and email them to us, but they must include your name and scores for each subsection (ie. Math, English, Science).
  • Request that your high school send transcripts to

Apply Now!

Applying is easy! We have an open-admission policy, which means if you have a high school diploma or its equivalent, you’re in and we can’t wait to see you in the halls.

Apply Now! »

Financial Aid

See all the options that make SCC affordable for all.

Financial Aid »